Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Good Bye Old Year

What an amazing year. If I had to sum up my whole year in one little phrase, for me, it would be: I never saw it coming.

My boys, my three sons, side by side working, branding and tagging cattle. Over the years some had helped joyfully, some mournfully. After our pot boiled over I thought we would not mend. We each did in our way, changed also. Nothing short of a miracle.

A Judge in Navajo County ruling on my Apache County case to dismiss or send it down to Pinal County to combine with another case in Pinal County only to have a
Maricopa Judge rule that my case can stay in Pinal County along with the other case but are to remain separate. Confusing, but a true blessing.

To hear my baby cry at the sound of my voice. Brought an immeasurable amount of pain knowing we are so far apart. But yet, she reached out for what she need. Proud of her strength while she endures life’s hard trials. Heart wrenching but warming.

Tom after all these years finally was able to perform a full frontal assault Christmas surprise on me. I didn’t believe he really didn’t get me anything. But when two days pass and still nothing. He got me. I was fighting my emotions, trying to remind myself it is the giving that counts. Wrapped up and shocked.

Number fifteen grand baby. Such joy to have a little caboose. Icing on the cake of a year. Fifteen in just under twelve years. 

Three grown men hid under their lawyers desk. On a telephonic court hearing where all parties, be it the Judge, Plaintiff, and defendant were all miles from each other, those men choose not to be named at the hearing. Hiding from truth as usual. But the court had to list them on the minutes following the hearing. To have “cowboys” afraid to cowboy up did me great good.

Apache County postponed the trespassing case against us until a higher court rules on my name being fraudulently removed from inherited leases. A much needed God send.

The State of Arizona Land Dept. pressed charges against us for our cattle grazing beyond our borders. It was ruled and settled with prejudice. A disclaimer was attached that when we return with other cattle to make sure we keep them in.  The State saw the harassment and ruled in a proper manner.

We received a notice that our lawyers needed to withdraw from being our Council due to a conflict. It is nothing more than a delay tactic from the other side. Not wanting to delay the trial and with my case taking a slight turn, my Lawyers found the number one lawyer in the state of Arizona on Estate and Probate to represent me. I didn’t know it could get any better.

Another of many delay tactics, they tried to get my case dismissed on grounds that I did not list all that was involved. I left the State Land and BLM off my paperwork. Both parties had previous paperwork stating once the courts ruled on this matter they will abide by the ruling. It was proven they acknowledged the proceedings and want no part of the family fight. The Judge saw through the smoke and mirrors.

The Judge that ruled I owe the Nicolls for “things I stole” and they owe me on the buy out of the LLC, found it still was not resolved, he was upset. I had paid my part but yet they hadn’t even done anything toward their half. The scales of justice are leaning my way.

I took the challenge proposed by the Prophet to read the Book Of Mormon in a short time. I really struggled with the time constraint. I couldn’t stop and ponder like I was used too. I fell behind so I started to listen to the audio recordings. I came away with such a new understanding. What stood out to me was the genealogy. I hadn’t paid attention to it previously. The wars are not between tribes but brother on brother, son against father. It made my personal range war real. This truly is a continuances of the war that has been raging on the Americas since the Lord brought some of the tribes of Israel over from the Tower of Babel and again later. They fought for land and power. They took power and inherited land from what they felt were the weaker part but the weaker part were not weak they were meek and humble and had the Lord on their side. It distanced me from taking what others are doing to me and made it not personal. There has always been those that fight for power and others that prevail. An insight and calm from following the prophet.

2018 has been a hard year but a good hard. It seems the waves that have pounded me for so long are now carrying me to shore. I have seen the workings of the Lord this year. His love for His children. 
My dreams this year have taught me that there maybe a few pumps but I am on the right path and soon my troubles will smooth. I have hit the pinnacle and it’s down hill from here.
Also to trust in the Lords timetable.  
One dream showed me that some are in too deep and now their hands are tied. They have gone past the point of no return. My heart ached for them.

My wish for resolve, is that those involved in the court cases will quit delaying the trial. If they truly believe they are standing on higher ground then let’s take it to the battle field. Quit delaying. The reason they fear going to trial is because they will have to make a choice. The choice being, run cattle alongside of the Bakers. The delays are a selfish scheme of self enrichment. They have the deeded land and grazing rights all to them self. 
The Judge sees through this elaborate scheme and is tiring of their antics. It won’t fair well in their favor if the judge forms a prejudice against them.


As for myself, I hope this year aids me in accomplishing many of my projects. That I may make up for lost time with those I dearly love. That I can have new and wondrous appreciation for the Lord and His gospel that doesn’t come from trials. That my toe stubbing trials may be absorbed more readily through faith and not taken personally.
May I be available to the Lord in whatever capacity He needs. And lastly that my earthly parents be blessed with witnessing the healing hearts of their children. And may this be the year I am permitted to stand before an earthly judge and find closure in his judgement.

As for the future of my children and their children I pray the Lord blesses each of you beyond measure. As we step closer and closer to our Lord and Saviors final return May He hold you safe from the calamities foretold of His second coming. 
May your hearts be filled with faith, hope, and charity. That we all may learn to treat family, friend, foe, and stranger with love and kindness. Seek for the good in each other. Learn that people do bad things, that people aren’t bad. Judge righteously but don’t pass judgement.

 And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked and beheld the Lamb of God, that he was taken by the people; yea, the Son of the everlasting God was judged of the world; and I saw and bear record.1 Nephi 11:32

I want to bear testimony that the Son Of God was judged of the world.That judgement did not define him. Nor as the world judges us, we should not let it define us. Self judgement should be used only as a source of self improvement and not self condemnation. 
Your earthly parents love each and everyone of you, and daily practice unconditional love. Your Heavenly Parents love you and have mastered unconditional love. Turn to your Savior and His Father daily, in thanksgiving and in need. Believe they will fill all your needs on their time table, in perfect timing to inspire more faith and appreciation.

Let this be the year, not just another year.









No comments: