Friday, February 19, 2010

Once upon a Week

On tuesday me and Tom crossed wires and I ended up having to walk from the Mesa Library to Jesse and Amandas house to wait for Tom.
I get there as Carsyn is going out the door to play. Paisley had a fresh container of popcorn and she offered me a bite. I went over to work on the quilt. Paisley followed me all the time asking "pop or". It was a joy being shared too instead of being the sharer.
Paisley is a tender heart.

On Wednesday morning the Red Tailed Hawk that had circled us the two previous mornings was at it again. I don't know if we are the only thing happening at 6 a.m. or if is sizing Mobie up for a meal. She circles and then lands on the same telephone pole and waits for us to go by. It takes a minute or two to get in the spot, but this morning I decided to coo at her. That brought Gideon to a halt and he turned to look at me with those big brown eyes that say "what mom?". It must of sounded like my cattle call in a way cuz not thinking I raised my arm to point at the bird, and off he ran toward Power Rd. I immediately called him back. He was on a high speed chase to find those cattle. I am thinking since my arm was so high he thought that meant way out there.
Gideon is an obedient heart.

Me, the dogs, and others went to work at the big mill. The cattle that for the last three feedings were not accounted for have been found. They were not at the big mill previous, but they are now and so we need to make sure there is sufficient water. Batteries were dead on the generator. As we study it out more we found that the bolt holding the alternator in potion had vibrated out and was gone. We found bolts on the windmill frame that would work. Got it set, jumped the batteries and pumped water. As we were leaving Grandpa Nicoll said " I do hope this is the last winter that we have to keep your mom up here. It is to cold for us anymore. I want to keep coming and helping. We just can't winter anymore."
Grandpa is a good heart.

4 comments:

Alicia Baker said...

I like this post a lot. What kind of heart do I have? I know what kind of butt I have and now I want to know what kind of heart i have :)

Debbie & Don said...

You have a good heart Ginny.

southolive said...

That was a sweet post and you are a sweet Grammy.i

Louise said...

This post was awesome.