Saturday, February 6, 2010

LOVE, TRUE LOVE

For anyone that doesn't know, I cry every time something involves a new born baby. Seeing one, holding one, talking about one, movies showing them, etc. Always human ones but even animals. So that is my weak link.

Every time one of my grand babies are born I have fallen apart. Everyone stares at me until I am done. One day in October or November Billy said I could come watch my first missionary be born if I wanted. He didn't even finish the sentence and I was crying. Not to mention this was in the down stairs office and once again I got stared at. I have gone back and forth. I really didn't think I would keep my composure. Just in private times thinking about it I watered my cheeks.

Wow, got up at 5 am and noticed I had a 2 am text. Oh my Hannah's water broke and they were at the hospital. Got to fly. Just wanted to hold my little boy. Didn't even cross my mind of staying in for the birth. Truly thought I had missed it. And hadn't convinced myself to stay anyhow. Get to the hospital and I am not late. Get a text from Alicia that I had better stay in there and watch. She has stated that her and Louise don't want me in their delivery rooms so I better take the chance while I had it.

I walked in the room. Started crying. Stated that I don't think I should stay for the birth. Hannah said not if you are going to make me cry. Well I had some time. Hannah wasn't half way there yet. Tom showed up. Tell ya I had to fly. Left him home, didn't take care of my animals. I was starving. Good thing Tom cleans up after me. He fed my animals, fed me and didn't cry.

Now it is time, Tom left the room and I was going to hide in the corner and be good. Just had to wait for the doctor so Hannah could push. What is that, the doctor wants me and her mother to hold her feet. Is the woman crazy. I will be down there with nothing to look at but, butt. Naw just had to put that in. Too tempting. So I decided to look into Hannah and Billys face. Hannah gave me the evil eye so I looked down. Low and behold it was the most beautiful thing I have witnessed. Birth. I've seen so many animals born. But this takes it all. No tears, believe it or not. Just pure love filled the room. I don't recall feeling those feelings before. I have felt love, but this was a new love.

While helping dress my sister for her funeral. I felt a new love, different for all other loves and different still from the one I experienced watching birth. The Lord has blessed us with so many loves. I guess I am going to have to live to find them all.

So now is the question, shall I become a doctor so I can revile in that joy more often or just work at a funeral home so I can feel that joy? Ah who am I kidding. I got no cooth and will just have to keep cowboying and feel that joy.

Love to all my family, especially if they can take my humor and my love.

7 comments:

Alicia Baker said...

You can watch me have my babies. I won't care.

Louise said...

I already told you that you have to be there for all my births. I have two hands and they both need to be held. Lance can't do everything by himself. Besides, the first one will probably be born in your house. Ha!

You made me cry, by the way.

Jen said...

That's awesome!
So beautiful & yet you were cracking me up the entire time :)
Congrats to you all!

Hannah + 4 said...

I thought I was doing good because I hadn't cried since I left the hospital, I guess tomorrow I'll have to start over.Thanks for being in there with us, sorry you had to stare at my butt :) We love you!

Kaitie and Blaine said...

So cute :-]
You can watch mine too, but I'll probably be cussing.... haha. Jk. You could become a nurse like me and work in L & D :-] You'd see babies born 12 hours a day!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

you write very well and it's fun to read, glad we could be apart of this new life, it was a great morning...

Debbie & Don said...

Ginny,I saw the blanket you made for your grand son on the shill blog. so cute. you know the years will go by fast, then you will have a grand-missionary. We do have a connection now. Hannah's aunt Lida Willis is my daughter Kims mom-in-law. Oh and another kind of love is when you are the R.S. President and love happens at the strangest moments.