Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Isn't It Ironic

When we young we would dig holes and think they were so deep that just a bit more and we would be in China. Now I wish I had that tunnel, so when Alicia goes to China I could visit her.

I want to blow everything off and play with the grandchildren. Earlier years I wanted to farm out my children and get everything else done.

I thought horses were my world, now give me a quad cuz I prefer cattle.

It is not fun cooking for two after you have cooked for a family.

I have traded in all our bunk beds for queen beds.

I clean the best when I am pissed off, It used to piss me off to clean.

When the ranch started generations ago it was over seen by a woman for the most part, it is close to that time again.

3 comments:

Alicia Baker said...

Start digging now! Maybe you'll reach China by the time I get there.

Don Nicoll said...

There are Chinese speakers in my family (me and Ammon) if Alicia wants any practice with the language.

andrea said...

Ha-ha-ha!!!!! Love it! Thank you for the perspective. I think about all the things I could get done now if the kids weren't underfoot, and the cooking for a family stresses me out sometimes. Now I know what I have to look forward to. :) And the ranch will be very well run being overseen by a woman. Maybe you can teach me a thing or two....more like a hundred!