Sunday, February 1, 2009

Do Unto Others

As I get older I have noticed how "Great Teaching Moments" will just all of a sudden come to mind. Am I crazy or does this happen to you?
Saturday after work, I took Nick home and he was telling me about a under ground fort he and his friend was digging in his back yard. I told him about all the under ground forts my brothers and I dug growing up. I told Nick about the last big one Randy dreamed up and how he hired a Brother in the Ward to Dig it for him with his back hoe. Then one of those "Great Teaching Moments" came to mind.
This brother had a son that was "different" and I remember my Dad telling us we need to involve his son in our under ground fort activities. I can't explain why but that simple advise really made a big impact on me. I was about nine or ten years old. It impressed upon me for the rest of my life as to how I should treat people that might be "different".
Thanks Dad and Mom!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, those moments do come to you....Mom and Dad are the best!