Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Liberty

A friend of mine taught me this invaluable lesson, when you have pain or sickness, it is the Lord teaching you. She taught me how to pray for insight of what I needed to take away from this trial. The answer always comes in just a one word answer. 

At the time she taught me this I was having an issue with a shoulder and my gut. I prayed about each separately, one right after the other. Each word released a flood of tears. One was courage and the other was strength. Those two words were so applicable in so many ways in my life at this time. They were words I danced around. It was the release and renewal I needed. It didn't cure my pains, my pains as they nagged at me was a reminder of the courage and strength I needed to endure life at this time.

Then this sweet friend turned to me and said “You talk of a recurring dream. Will you pray to find out the witch's name.”
I was stunned. I thought it was only for pain and sickness. She informed me it was for anything that weighs on me, on my heart. This prayer will not give direction. It can only give the kind of answer that helps toward understanding.

So I prayed again and received the name of the witch. It was Ranch. As I thought over the next few days, weeks, it made since, I think. In my dream I needed to realize this witch couldn't harm me. Once I did I walked right past it and it disappeared. So the witch is ranch, I reasoned it was because I was fighting to change the history/attitude of the ranch. Over the generations those that proceeded in ranching did so by strength and pride not by what was right. At anytime people were muscled out, replaced, shunned. I wanted to change that. I faced the witch, I was then muscled out, replaced, shunned.

As I took my dogs on their walk the other morning I had decided I had too many to walk through Vernon so I took them up the mountain into the pines and junipers. They chased every scent they found. They looked like kids out on recess. I wasn't having to remind them to stay out of yards or any other in town rules. 

As I walked I noticed the junipers were loaded with berries. More so than previous times. They glowed like a fluorescent sage color when the sun shone on them. I took pictures of them, along with plenty of wildflowers. 




Then it occurred to me I should start some sourdough. By using juniper berries it jump starts the souring process considerably. And of course I have to name my sourdough. The thought came to me to name it Liberty. I don't know why that name but it felt appropriate . So it was settled it would be liberty but first I wanted to see that word in Hebrew.



After returning from my walk I did a few things then finally sat down and studied the word liberty in Hebrew. The Hebrew language has different words for the different meanings of said words. They are just a syllable off from each other. Unlike our language that spells words the same with completely different meanings. Like lie. Just one of many.

The one I was searching for was Hofshi. It is pronounced like “off she” but you do say the “h”. Hoff she. This is the liberty as in liberating. Not at liberty to take or receive something. The full down to the very soul taste of freedom.

So Hofshi it would be. 

Today as I drove my babies out of town again for a walk I minced around some of yesterday's thoughts. Why was liberty my word of the day? I am in the exact same place doing the exact same thing but not feeling as liberated as I did the day before. Not that I felt trapped today just not as soul touching as yesterday. I let my mind wander and it took me back to the witch. The one named Ranch. It was after all these years answered. I am truly liberated. I have Hofshi. 

At first it was not easy to return back to Vernon after being abruptly removed. Over time it has become easier. But now that I have walked past the witch and can freely move about the way I desire. Not having to please the pride of others it truly is hofshi. 

To think the Lord has been preparing me for this day since I was eight. The day I would be liberated from having to be a certain way to remain a part. Like the Law of Moses, it was all how you were to perform. You were judged on how you did things not by your heart. The Lord came to satisfy the Law. And He did. He liberated us from outwardly ordinances and judgement and taught us to use our hearts.


I hope my tangible Hofshi taste as good in my belly as the taste of truly knowing Hofshi in my heart.

No comments: